How to hide your visible trash can
Clean & OrganizedMay 2022
put or keep concealed; conceal from the view or notice to others
“she was conflicted as she wanted to hide her trash can, but flaunt her Color Scents trash bag.”
Similar: conceal, put out of site, camouflage
Opposite: flaunt, expose
For most of us, cabinet space is at a premium in our kitchens. While we dream of having the perfect place to hide our trashcan it isn’t always attainable or affordable. Some of our favorite, non-pull out, non-flip front, non-stainless splurge ideas for keeping your trashcan out of site and your wallet on budget!
- Place your medium sized trashcan in a lidded wicker basket. Viola!
- Wrap trashcan in contact paper. Easy to wipe down and comes in lots of prints and colors. Why hide something so pretty in a drawer.
Wicker Basket Trash Can
Paper Wrapped Trash Can
- Uncover your artistic talents and get creative with paint and a paint brush. Afraid of going free form? Shop templates or stencils at your local craft store.
- Put those unused tools to work and make a wooden crate to conceal your trashcan out of a shipping pallet. Pick one up, often for free, from your local grocer or liquor store.
- Repurpose an antique wine or whiskey barrel. Be sure to empty first. Cheers!